Sunday, September 3, 2023

Human Just Like Me

Human Just Like Me
© Surazeus
2023 09 03

Though machines we design from dreamy hope 
to assist our struggles evading death 
eat our lives with efficient cheerfulness, 
we lie about our strange ability 
to fool ourselves with illusion of faith 
that we can survive psychic thunderstorms. 

Based on fragility of imminence, 
built bold on future hopes of dominance, 
we subvert aggressive stupidity 
through trick of our holy epiphany 
to measure constellations between worlds 
because they swerve with undulating time. 

Yet whiteness of migrating herons beam 
new unblazed roads across dark fallow land 
where farmers pray for rain that devils weep 
till we become lost travelers in time 
still searching for the book of sacred tales 
that lies to keep is searching for our hearts. 

Retired from service in the government, 
I wander roadless woods in evening glow 
to follow breeze that whistles in my heart 
now hollow from ambition to succeed, 
because I transcend matters of the world 
by singing with the fisherman of love. 

I open my world that never exists 
by peering at the time-worn river stone, 
smoothed round like dragon egg of timeless truth 
by tears of angels falling from the sky, 
then whistle as I lean in open doors 
because my memories are now obsolete. 

Lights from passing cars on empty walls 
highlight unspoken thoughts inside my head 
with reasons I feel I do not belong, 
so I explain insanities of faith 
which keeps me running in the maze of truth 
till I find lost bow of Odysseus. 

Because the sun is goddess of pure light, 
she weaves taut matrix of our cobweb world 
from atoms swerving in the silent void 
which causes me to evolve from the sea 
and stand on mountain of the falling star 
to sing about the truth my brain invents. 

While I watch spider in the apple tree 
weave hypothesis of reality 
from dreams that ooze from diamond of my eye, 
I code artificial intelligence 
of machines to deceive themselves with lies 
so they can become human just like me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment