Monday, September 4, 2023

Angelic Ghost Of Faith

Angelic Ghost Of Faith
© Surazeus
2023 09 04

How beautiful to float in nothingness 
of painful light that stabs my love-numbed heart 
with searing agony of social shame 
that weighs my heart with gravity of joy 
transformed to shattered hope that cuts my hands 
from shards of dreams reflecting my despair. 

By taking off mask of Harriet Westbrook, 
that gleams with pride for fairytale romance, 
I expose myself as foolish Ophelia, 
loved and abandoned by angelic ghost 
who took me soaring on Icarian wings 
above this fragile world of constant change. 

We dreamed of changing life in Avalon 
from subversive obedience to lords 
who exploit labor of the working poor 
to build exquisite castles on their bones, 
transforming kingdom of wealthy vampires 
into Utopia where all souls live equal. 

Though star-eyed Percy is no Percival, 
enthroned by Star Father as Seer of Earth, 
who reigns wisely in fruitful paradise, 
his mind is mad with visions of world peace, 
so demon of his heart drives him to search 
for Holy Grail that shines in clouds of glory. 

I wish I could be Queen Mab of his hope, 
endowed with glory of the starry host 
to guide his journey for the Holy Grail 
when he leads revolution of the poor 
to cast god-favored king of greed from power, 
and establish commune of Avalon. 

Nobody in this world, controlled by men 
who treasure women obedient and quiet, 
respects my dream to build new paradise 
where every person lives as they desires, 
except for you, sweet Serpentine, my friend, 
who welcomes me with arms of gentle love. 

Sweet Serpentine with ice-cold silver eyes, 
your hand that holds my hand trembling with fear 
spreads chill of hope for peace from agony 
of bitter shame throughout my aching soul, 
so lead me into river of your love 
and soothe my aching heart with tender care. 

How beautiful to float with Serpentine, 
my faithful Lamian siren of true love 
whose heart-enchanting song of serene calm 
drowns painful agony of shame with bliss 
of timeless harmony in halcyon void 
where I become angelic ghost of faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment