Sunday, September 17, 2023

Earthen Voice Of Love

Earthen Voice Of Love
© Surazeus
2023 09 17

When I lose my secret self in blue air 
of the shining afternoon after rain, 
I climb over wall of time and proceed 
through sibylline process of mental growth 
till somewhere on terrible river shore 
I hear earthen voice of the feisty muse. 

In wordless song of never-ending rain 
I hear immense silence of human souls 
transform dark morning light of nothingness 
to silver breeze of hopeless faith in death 
that caresses my face with hands of ice 
so I become earthen voice no one hears. 

My voice has not soft whisper of the breeze 
that lingers sad in grove of bitter trees, 
but has loud roar of ocean waves at dawn 
that prance between marble columns of pride 
in temples long deserted by mad gods, 
yet I hide earthen voice that breaks the moon. 

I cannot see uncrowded streets of hope 
unless the moon will focus beams of fear 
to luminate vast labyrinth of our tales 
where ghosts of nameless people linger late 
in shadows of unopened doors to homes 
where earthen voice of mothers wakes our souls. 

No robin in the lonely apple tree 
can bring back memories of the summer field 
where spider webs in trunks of weeping books 
define the heavy shadow of my heart 
which longs for lithe wings of the eager hawk 
who speaks with earthen voice of honesty. 

I feel entire wholeness of distant stars 
gleam dark inside vast hollow of my heart 
that charts how psychic milk of eager love 
flows through my breasts in fountain of new dreams 
to nourish children who sprout from my mind 
when I speak with earthen voice of desire. 

Because clear memory of my every day 
will never lapse with recalcitrant tide 
of moonless sorrow flooding fields of skulls, 
all traces of my name will vanish lost 
with ceaseless turning of our naked world 
though I would speak with earthen voice of faith. 

Still trapped in sunless cell of wordless fear, 
imprisoned by men who should treat me well, 
sweet memory of warm sunlight on my skin 
fading into shadow of hungry hope 
concealed by seeds of apples long devoured, 
I am deceived by earthen voice of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment