Thursday, September 28, 2023

Strange Fantasies I Dream

Strange Fantasies I Dream
© Surazeus
2023 09 28

While sitting in church, suffused with sunlight 
glowing on faces of angels who sing 
sweet hymns, I realize all my fantasies 
of climbing marble stairs to temple hall, 
where I write verses on long parchment scroll, 
are memories of lives my ancestors lived. 

Those shining halls of Heaven I envision 
as home where I play lyre by sparkling pool, 
while boys and girls in white gowns twirl in dance 
to match their hearts in couples pledged to mate, 
still stand on hilltops by the wine-eyed sea 
as ruins crumbling now two thousand years. 

Torn bodies of warriors, gone mad with grief 
during battle to kidnap fertile brides, 
transform into hills where marble fanes gleam 
with songs of angels in heavenly choirs 
till we build factories to make engine cars 
that glide on highways paved with bones of gods. 

Many generations of reborn souls 
sprout from bodies of mothers to assert 
will to generate new bodies from genes 
who construct wagons and boats from tall trees 
to journey along rivers from burned cities 
and build new cities in valleys of wind. 

I feel tense energy of will to power 
motivate my body with ancient hopes 
to build eternal paradise with trees 
blooming fruit for my children to consume, 
but walls I build to protect them from harm 
crumble from relentless turning of time. 

Called by the faceless Father in the Sky, 
my first ancestor left garden of fruit 
to build vast city maze of ziggurats, 
then journeyed west ten thousand years to find 
paradise lost in the future of faith, 
till I stand today under the bright moon. 

That same moon and stars that once lit their way 
as my ancestors walked long signless roads 
still shine now on me in this distant land 
where I feel energy of countless years 
surge through my body with bold tides of change, 
which charges my heart with faith in the future. 

Strange fantasies I dream in reverie, 
where individuals of my bloodline strive 
to overcome all obstacles of fear, 
provide archetypal framework of action 
which programs how I perform my own role 
as nameless nobody singing in rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment