Monday, August 21, 2023

Quiet Of The Sky

Quiet Of The Sky
© Surazeus
2023 08 21

While searching for beauteous forms of desire 
in silent groves of wild secluded scenes 
I find myself in heaps of broken stones 
that once performed with grand eloquent pride 
lofty nobleness of cathedral space 
where the old bearded seer stares at the world. 

Trapped in scene of instruction he commands 
with tender glare of divine truth he keeps, 
composed from smoky quiet of the sky, 
I listen to his sermon, keyed with verse 
of sublime wisdom his mind confiscates 
from dead gods, define inner glow of truth. 

His low insistent gestures of gnarled hands 
connect lush landscape to far touchless sky 
of unchanging ideals outlined by smoke 
that writhes from chimneys of pastoral farms 
where world-wide wanderers relax in chairs 
of timeless contemplation of the light. 

Since sweet sensations surging in my blood 
wake me from tranquil pleasures I enjoy, 
I savor memories of our timeless hours 
solving mysteries of Nature we express 
with bold harmonious riddles children chant 
while gazing into secret life of things. 

If divine consciousness of God in me 
resides with subtle confidence of truth, 
defining sublimity of our souls 
in tune with blooming Nature of our world, 
then I am Adam and Jesus combined 
through single apparition of my ghost. 

Encased in corporeal frame of desire, 
suspended on luminous wings of faith, 
I linger long in shadows of my dreams 
to observe complex process of rebirth 
with joyous passion of my feverish heart 
when I wander lost in welcoming woods. 

Since Nature leads me on my random quest 
beyond all goals, that once my progress urged 
against authority of faceless gods, 
I embrace dread of rushing cataracts 
which sparks epiphany about our world 
I express through music of humanity. 

Motionless spirit of all thinking things 
impels my body to explore this world 
so my chaotic mind swirls into words 
I sing with sweet voice Thamuris respects 
which conjures jealousy my Muse ignores 
till she admits her lessons guide me well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment