Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Ego Dragon Clown

Ego Dragon Clown
© Surazeus
2023 08 08

With haunting sunrise of the golden sun 
I meet Doctor Faustus at the crossroads 
that lead to either Eden or Elysium 
depending on which way I choose to go, 
so I dance at the bottom of the sea, 
singing to Tethys how much I love her. 

Though Hamlet dies alone on stage of power 
still Christus calls his father in the sky, 
but Thetis is the one who comes to him 
eager to discuss right of Zeus to reign 
who darkens sun-gold skies with wings of storm 
when Cronus brings me red mushrooms to eat. 

Because I refuse to sign the contract 
to gain power from Mephistopheles, 
I remain unknown in my Nowhere Land, 
making all my nowhere plans for my bride 
who plucks ripe apples from the serpent tree 
to bake sweet pies in hot oven of faith. 

When I ask Pandora to marry me 
by giving her jeweled box of my heart 
she asks if I will return to the past 
to change this future that will never be, 
so we climb Helicon in swirling snow 
to watch Icarus build airplane of pride. 

Because Romeo rejects Juliet 
and wants to love Cinderella instead 
Orpheus searches for Ophelia 
who dances on shore of the River Styx 
while Apollo twangs electric guitar 
and Prometheus howls the saxophone. 

The son is always greater than his father 
so Zeus crowns Jesus as heir to his throne 
who reigns two thousand years in hall of mirrors 
till Hamlet steals his twisted crown of thorns 
because he plays role of messiah sleuth 
who solves the murder mystery of his heart. 

If Sigmund slays the ego dragon clown 
in holy crusade lead by Superman 
we may rise free from rubble of world wars 
to build amusement park of Wonderland 
on star-blasted ruins of Hiroshima 
where Amaterasu holds mirror of truth. 

Whose woods these are I think I cannot know 
for I see fairies dancing in the glen 
where Saturnus sleeps in the twilight zone 
till he wakes and eats plums in the icebox 
and drinks coffee under the wet black bough 
while chickens by the glazed wheelbarrow smirk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment