Sunday, August 27, 2023

Wild Wakeness Of Hope

Wild Wakeness Of Hope
© Surazeus
2023 08 27

My life belongs to wild wakeness of hope 
that gleams as lamp to guide me on dark ways 
so I become strange voice of ocean waves 
that break false vision of my world apart 
through revelation of the shining real 
which blooms as love from anguish of my heart. 

I bear my old mother Muse on my back 
on shifting sands of sun-illumined beach 
to escape our paradise lost to thieves 
who steal apples we tended with our hands 
till I find secret valley between hills 
where I plant apples in grave of my heart. 

Beside the sparkling Meles River flow 
I bury my mother in grave of tears 
so spirit of her love will nurture trees 
that blossom from compassion of her heart 
so new paradise grows from her broad breast 
that shelters me from heat of wordless suns. 

Ensconced in secret shadow of sad peace 
beneath Tree of Knowledge on verdant hill, 
I welcome wanderers on the signless road 
to linger awhile in vine-shaded bower 
and drink sweet cider to nourish their hearts 
while I sing tales of heroes as they rest. 

While guests rest in temple of apple trees 
I pluck tuned strings of my tortoise-shell lyre 
and sing about journey of Odysseus 
who returns home after conquering greed, 
then wish them luck as they continue on, 
and sleep to murmur of Melesian flow. 

My heart beats with courageous hope of love 
when Meles River transforms into man 
with long tangled hair and moon-silver eyes 
who embraces me with warmth of respect 
and I become sweet glow of timeless stars 
as he fills me with passion of new life. 

My spriteful son, born from spirit of Meles, 
leads wanderers to rest in temple hall, 
then sits beside me with his little lyre 
and sings with me tale of Odysseus, 
then laughs and fills their cups with apple juice 
while collecting coins for grand tales we sing. 

While I lie dying on lush river shore, 
I tell my son to play his lyre with pride, 
for he is spirit of my mother Muse 
reborn to sing about the clever man 
who journeys till he reaches home again, 
and Homer smiles at me through tears of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment