Friday, August 4, 2023

Power Of Leviathan

Power Of Leviathan
© Surazeus
2023 08 04

I chant spells like an apple tree makes apples, 
so watch out for the serpent when you eat 
weird apple blooming from dream of my mind 
that simmers with psychic intoxicants 
brewed from visions of existential joy 
which saturates my soul with cosmic love. 

When I hear the tall tale about the man 
many people claim is god in the flesh, 
who fed five thousand people with one fish, 
I pause and think of all the fish I know, 
then conclude only one fish big enough 
to feed five thousand is Leviathan. 

I hope they do not throw me overboard 
from ship of state now rocked by waves of change 
if they decide my critical reviews 
deconstructing grand narrative of empire 
caused transformation of society, 
then throw me to be swallowed by the whale. 

Call me Ishmael, I declare with snide sneer 
at futile hubris of the Pilgrim Preacher 
who captains frail ship of vengeance to hunt 
the Great White Whale of divine truth 
which symbolizes cruel indifferent Nature 
for man can never win against that god. 

Sun Spider Goddess weaves my soul from light 
of atoms that flare forth from the big bang 
which pulse in visions of my fragile brain 
detailing evolution of my soul 
from fish to wingless angel who defies 
eternal power of Leviathan. 

Collective dream of our national mind 
defines conceptual drama we perform 
in vain aggression of our fragile souls 
against eternity of natural truth 
indifferent to our feelings of desire 
for we live trapped in ancient world-view myth. 

Yet still I sit before the pearly gates 
and preach indifferent nature will destroy 
Heaven ruled by son of the wrathful tyrant 
while I strum lyre and sing dire prophecy 
that Earth is demesne of Leviathan 
where I must sing in mindless pouring rain. 

Five thousand pilgrims on the ocean shore 
feast on roasted steak of Leviathan 
while Ishtar presides in ziggurat hall 
to welcome refugees from global wars 
who follow Liberty with freedom torch 
to build new lives in land of Onatah. 


No comments:

Post a Comment