Friday, June 7, 2024

Wise As Onatah

Wise As Onatah
© Surazeus
2024 06 07

Casual as Lucifer strolling in Heaven, 
dressed in black pin-stripe suit from Italy, 
I transform into telescope-eyed raven 
to confound my opponents wittily 
in tense political chess game of power 
over who marries Princess in the Tower. 

Graceful as Mithra leaping on the bull, 
caped as crusader against tyranny, 
I wield Hermean wand and Orphean skull 
in fight to maintain world democracy 
against King Midas with the tiny hands 
who stomps around screaming selfish demands. 

Mad as Achilles sulking in his tent, 
embarrassed he had to yield to the king, 
I endure winter of our discontent 
while sewing feathers on Icarian wing 
so I can fly over global maze of myths 
to map network of fate-entangling paths. 

Sad as Odysseus stuck in fruit garden, 
trapped by doctrine for freedom of expression, 
I steal key of wealth from the corrupt warden 
to escape isle of romantic obsession, 
then sail across the wild Atlantic Ocean 
to the Holy Land where I drink love potion. 

Bold as Jesus in the crystal starship, 
crowned with Ring of Invisibility, 
I return to Earth to drive Sunset Strip 
and dance in nightclub of sterility, 
then walk in desert of the one-eyed snake 
where Death gives me slice of chocolate cake. 

Noble as Arthur with Excalibur, 
commissioned to lead new holy crusade, 
I shoot rockets I bought from Jupiter 
to bomb paradise lost in genocide 
so I can build Wonderland Park in Hell 
with magic runes Odin found in the well. 

Proud as Caesar leading army of ghosts, 
masked with the golden face of Hercules, 
I conquer Washington as Lord of Hosts 
on Hidden Dragon to rule lands and seas 
with nuclear sword of the atom bomb 
for all cruel tyrants end up in the tomb. 

Wise as Onatah planting fields of corn, 
endowed with divine beauty of the truth, 
I appear and blow the wall-toppling horn 
to announce coming of messiah sleuth 
prophesied by jokes of the cosmic herald 
who rules united nations of the world. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus arrests and imprisons King Midas for treason against world democracy.

    ReplyDelete