Monday, June 10, 2024

Sing To Unlearn Time

Sing To Unlearn Time
© Surazeus
2024 06 10

Each day I wake I sing to unlearn time 
that blooms as flowers from my rotting corpse, 
so I drive my car on the country road 
that winds among fields of sun-golden wheat 
where ghosts of farmers wave as I drive by 
on my way to Heaven beyond the stars. 

I lie by the hearth of warm crackling flames 
and listen to sparrows in maple trees 
imitate love songs on the radio 
which always make tears flow out of my eyes 
to water fields where wheat sways in the wind 
that leads me down to the river of stars. 

Though my heart trembles with leaves in the trees 
I search everywhere and ask everyone 
where my beloved would go without me, 
but no one understands code words I slur, 
so I climb high mountains and swim deep seas, 
and fly to find them somewhere in the stars. 

Three graces in the temple by the sea 
spin sinews of my body from dark light 
so I become fraught landscape of my mind 
by dancing with illusion of the truth 
while holding thread of my existing soul 
till I become our planet among stars. 

Though I was born with happiness of faith 
that we are specks of dust in wind of time, 
I reach out to touch the eye-swirling moon, 
but all I grasp is ripe fruit in the tree 
that remains as evidence of my crime 
while I sort through words that fall from the stars. 

When I record the bitter consequence 
that results from actions my hands commit, 
strangers snatch words of sorrow from my mouth 
so I invent new language to express 
mysterious happiness searing my heart 
with eerie music from forgotten stars. 

I swim in suffering of forbidden lakes 
to catch fish of centuries as they pass 
while you spark warm fire inside ring of stones 
so we can roast rich wisdom of sad ghosts 
who hide our stories in unbroken stones 
that wait billions of years by sea of stars. 

With rhythm of triangulated thought 
I count birds on statues of long-dead gods 
to understand the secret of true love 
stolen by crows on telephone lines, 
determined to assert their right to live 
as souls generated by eyeless stars. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus teaches poets and fools and politicians how to unlearn time.

    ReplyDelete