Sunday, June 16, 2024

Familiar Spirit Of You

Familiar Spirit Of You
© Surazeus
2024 06 16

Faint ghost I sense is slight trick of my brain 
which longs for presence of your absent soul 
whose vibrant energy signature glows 
as record programmed in my memory 
so I feel you approach as radiant form 
just outside perceptive range of my eyes. 

When long afternoon stretches in slow ache 
of sultry languidness through heavy hours, 
my conscious attention fades in dull haze 
that opens vistas of forgotten days 
decades gone now in our vanished world view, 
so I feel your ghost haunt my drowsy dream. 

My heart glows soft with sweet sorrow of joy 
to sense your presence in my wistful world, 
so I turn toward gleam of your eidolon 
with sudden flashing smile of smitten hope 
to embrace you again with empty arms, 
yet you vanish when I open my eyes. 

Startled by specter of your vanished being 
that radiates familiar spirit of you, 
I groan with sorrow when my open eyes 
dispel your ghost back to the underworld, 
which followed thrumming of Orphean lyre 
and leaves me alone in thick summer heat. 

Attempting once again to lure from Hell 
faceless phantom of your death-scattered soul, 
I fix fierce gaze of my compulsive cause 
to lead your soul with song of our desire, 
but when I turn around to see your face 
you dissipate at cry of my distrust.  

Closing my eyes again to find your soul, 
I float in undulating waves of heat 
that stretches me across ten million years 
so I become every ancestral soul 
who longed with heartache of nostalgic pain 
for apparition of the soul we love. 

Countless moments of longing for the dead, 
my ancestors performed with aching hearts 
in timeless afternoons of lonely faith, 
all merge in one scene on eternal stage 
where I play role commissioned by my muse 
to conjure your wraith with tale of our love. 

Spooked by beautiful ghost of your lost soul, 
which radiated from your body shell 
through emanation forged by chemicals, 
I play lyre of Orpheus with sore hands 
for each melodious verse of my song 
keeps you alive in vision of my mind. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus plays song of your life to conjure your ghost from memory of his heart.

    ReplyDelete