Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Bodies On Sugary Sand

Bodies On Sugary Sand
© Surazeus
2024 06 19

The listless rain that drinks words from my lips 
scatters my thoughts on barren hills of hope, 
which formulate concepts I lost in codes 
that breed bodies in shimmer of rain-blur 
where Eros drowns in tears he sheds for us, 
for motion generates life through our souls. 

I call out to regina of the clouds 
for her to shake her scepter at the sun 
because I dare not mock magnificence 
that she radiates from core of her womb 
in wild waves that caress rocks of my heart 
so love fountains from deep inside my soul. 

Though I believe that I have known them all 
as searing light of strict celestial spheres, 
which I measure with each swipe of my hand, 
I find new vistas on strange mountain slopes 
where I can sense the goddess of the world 
ahead as glow of light in shadowed woods. 

Since tree-strong pillars of temples still stand, 
I linger where their roofs once shadowed time 
to ask proud Sicheus if he knows the way 
past city walls to lakes of clarity, 
but honey bees with pollen of our hearts 
swirl from his mouth in whirlwinds of war. 

Where golden orioles in maple trees 
discuss cruel politics of human states 
I find wild Zagreus in mountain vale 
whose grin dispels my fear of brutal war 
when he gives me smooth amber that preserves 
first queen bee who reigned in the Tree of Life. 

When I follow suavity of the rock 
along green cliffs of arrogant despair, 
I trail my hand in clear blue ocean waves, 
not caring if I land on sandy beach, 
then lie in cool shade of the dripping cave 
where Nerea gives me honey wine to drink. 

Old rusty ship, crowded with refugees, 
capsizes in wild rocky waves of hope, 
and cries of grim despair drift on the breeze 
as faint echoes from voices of sweet nymphs 
who drag drowned bodies on sugary sand 
where no one prays over the nameless dead. 

Affection carves its traces in my mind 
as I give each drowned refugee new name, 
and write tale of their futile quest in sand, 
how they chased rainbows to the Promised Land 
where empty houses open doors of sorrow, 
and welcome ghosts to hearth of fellowship. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus reports to World News Network about the refugees that drowned when a leaky ship capsized off the cost of Samos Island.

    ReplyDelete