Wednesday, June 26, 2024

I Hear The Dead Live

I Hear The Dead Live
© Surazeus
2024 06 26

I hear the dead live in the timeless sky 
but, when I look up, all I see are clouds 
that form into their faces they once wore, 
so I walk on the Earth with orphan feet 
and cry in harmony with joyful rain 
that transforms me into swift bird of time. 

I hear the dead live on the signless road 
that leads far from the land where they were born, 
bodies buzzing with flight of honey bees, 
too eager for how telephone wires glow 
copper against the silver evening sky 
which fools me to think I am Heaven bound. 

I hear the dead live in the ocean wave, 
aware of sunrays in abyss of faith 
where carbon rings coil into eyes of love 
so hydrothermal vents mix chemicals 
to generate from tangled memories 
neural network that feels itself alive. 

I hear the dead live on the windy plain 
as horses racing on wings of desire 
beyond the far pavilions of our hearts 
that ring with laughter of lovers and friends 
who sing ballads that record quest for life 
which I still hear faint in the river breeze. 

I hear the dead live in the empty house 
my father built with calloused hands of hope 
till soldiers, paid by king in the stone tower, 
drive us away into the wilderness, 
so we attack gold walls of paradise 
to overthrow his monarchy of greed. 

I hear the dead live on the rugged trail 
that winds through jagged mountains of despair 
as they journey north to the Promised Land 
from jungle towns of gangsters dealing drugs 
across the waste land of the laughing snake 
to country farms where they tend cows and wheat. 

I hear the dead live in the open book 
that lies unread on dark library shelf 
in shining city on the hill of truth 
where wingless angels fight for mind control 
to rule temple of the many-faced god 
who smiles with rage on thirty silver coins. 

I hear the dead live on the river farm 
where Europa rides on white bull of pride 
while wielding Wand of Zambor on parade 
to rule vast Empire of Gothinia 
who leads our United Nations of Earth 
in world war against fascist tyranny. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus tells us where the lead live, so we follow his map to the Promised Land.

    ReplyDelete