Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Eradicate Every Monarchy

Eradicate Every Monarchy
© Surazeus
2024 06 04

If we choose to live our time in the sun 
by skipping sidewalk of absurdity 
the crazy spirit of the laughing gun 
may highlight absence of diversity 
so we hide our soul in the language game 
that redefines true meaning of our name. 

Yet when I voyage home to Cythera, 
free as the bird that dances in the sky, 
I hide my anguish through the cinema 
where I play role of the amorous spy 
to feast with crows on the myrtle-green isle 
so I can evolve from the crocodile. 

I see my image on the gallows tree 
so I decide to love this corpse of flesh 
that nurtures conscious state of my mind key 
since I incarnate soul of Gilgamesh 
in love with Venus and her curly hair 
as she descends the marble ballroom stair. 

I draw the ancient Sphinx on my world map 
because she pierces my stone heart with dread 
that helps my soul escape religious trap 
when I sail Lethe River with the dead 
through weird dimensions of eternity 
since I teach at no university. 

If we choose to play lost hour by the sea 
beyond bounds of the fractured window frame, 
the calm indifference of insanity 
designs my body in abyss of fame 
so I embrace dark shadow of my heart 
when I sell fruit from my rickety cart. 

Our empire coffined in its sacred myth 
provides foundation for our rise to power 
so I carve your face on the monolith 
that floats among stars with the honey flower 
despite our progress through democracy 
to eradicate every monarchy. 

Assembling puzzle of my new world view 
from fragments of broken theologies, 
I build new church from psychic residue 
that blooms in waste land as bureaucracies 
by which blind bankers corporatize the Earth 
when Death calculates what our love is worth. 

Surrounding castle of the sleeping queen 
with tangled hedge of the sweet briar rose, 
I redefine what words are thought to mean 
by imitating riddles of mad crows 
when I take off the mask of god I wear 
to reveal I am Artemis the Bear. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus explains why we should eradicate every monarchy in favor of democracy.

    ReplyDelete