Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Fruit Instead Of Tears

Fruit Instead Of Tears
© Surazeus
2024 06 18

These days of languid ennui hid in books, 
that I spend lounging in cathedral ruins, 
may nourish passion buried in my heart 
long enough for me to find bright in gloom 
noble cause for which I would fight and die, 
protecting people of our land from thieves. 

Sweet loneliness of water in my blood 
revives strange music of the silent moon 
that proves this world cares nothing for my life, 
so I ally my heart with Liberty 
to fight against aggressive tyranny 
of thieves who steal with promises of love. 

To stand against monstrous bully of greed, 
that writhes with hunger in foul hearts of men, 
I must dive deep in swirling lake of rage 
to wake berserker hidden in my heart 
so I have strength to fight for Liberty 
though I may die so my people will live. 

I speak to you with language of the wind 
so we can understand the hearts of trees 
who stand with us against oppressive hate 
for if we can endure the brutal pain 
we will gain strength of faith from naked rocks 
to give our children fruit instead of tears. 

Encased inside strange words I never speak, 
hot seeds of star-souls writhe in ecstasy 
through algorithm written by the sea 
that fills abysmal darkness with love songs 
which shine with bright affinity of trust 
to guide our way back to the Promised Land. 

Since plants and animals with fluid souls 
rotate through perpetual cycle of life 
with constant flowing of bright molecules 
in rhythm with rivers and winds of hope, 
the cosmic herald, bearing book of truth, 
appears when people of Earth need his light. 

Shining clear with wisdom of timeless truth, 
he strides on road of progress toward the right, 
enforcing equal justice for all souls 
to adjust our world view with magic wand, 
then vanishes in vast silence of change 
while we continue to sing to his tune. 

Though our existence is impermanent, 
we strive to create, rather than destroy, 
social system where every human being 
is free to live and love as they desire, 
performing deeds that need no fame to glow, 
for Earth transforms our souls into new souls. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus bears book of truth while leading United Nations of Earth to the Promised Land.

    ReplyDelete