Saturday, June 1, 2024

Energy Of Thought

Energy Of Thought
© Surazeus
2024 06 01

Energy of thought that glows in the mind 
transforms my body into river boat 
so I sail down from mountain to the sea 
where ghost-waves undulate in swirl of stars 
at timeless moment something shifts in me 
when I become the name your eyes perceive. 

Rough waves upset my equilibrium 
that wakes my soul at bottom of the sea 
with urgent mission to transcend the gloom 
while swimming up toward gold eye of the sun 
that beckons me to rise and walk the Earth 
so I confess I am the wave of light. 

Unsteady spin of Earth in starless void 
knocks me about when I walk in deep tide 
on two legs upright from my fearful crouch 
forever climbing long lush river shore 
till I stand on the highest mountain peak 
and stretch my arms to pray they become wings. 

Glare of sunlight dawning on mountain ridge 
hurts my wide eyes with sudden truth I fear 
because the distant horizon of faith 
always gleams far beyond the road I blaze 
with every step I plant on quaking Earth 
that keeps on rolling away from my force. 

Heart-aching tone of wind in bamboo pipes 
wails soft with haunting melody of hope 
as I keep walking hundred thousand years 
life after life incarnating my old soul 
when I chase the sun east to sea of birth 
then chase it west to find out where it dies. 

The road goes ever on beyond my dream 
so I follow it from door of my heart 
because to find out where the sun is born 
I leave behind each home my fathers build 
and build ten thousand more on river shores 
where bones of my mothers compose the Earth. 

To return to first home my mind creates 
I walk the world from sea to shining sea 
till I arrive in valley of fruit trees 
where my first mother sang first song of love 
that died to wake inside ache of my heart 
as light that guides me to my brave new world. 

To wake my true self from egg of my heart 
I walk away from home where I was born 
and map the waste land of terrible fear 
then climb high mountain where the Muse of truth 
teaches me how to sing dream of my mind 
till I return to energy of thought. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus learns to sing from Calliope on Mount Helicon so he can chronicle history of humanity.

    ReplyDelete