Thursday, March 21, 2024

Wisdom Of The Glowing Sun

Wisdom Of The Glowing Sun
© Surazeus
2024 03 21

When I open my heart to hope for joy 
I hear song of the river in the wind 
and whisper of the ocean in tree leaves 
as light transforms rain into juicy fruit 
that nourishes our bodies and our minds 
with ancient wisdom of the glowing sun. 

The flowing river glistens in moonlight 
that gleams in eyes of the owl in the oak 
who teaches me ancient song of the stars 
that flash for you and me as we make love 
with aching rhythm of the spinning Earth 
which gives us wisdom of the glowing sun. 

With every song that fountains from my heart 
I feel the surging ocean overflow 
to drench my deserts with tears of desire 
in harmony with how the caged bird sings, 
then dance with soft wind in the springing grass 
as I learn wisdom of the glowing sun. 

When I ask her to run away with me 
and live as my wife on our apple farm 
she grips my throat and growls with sneering smirk 
that we must be crooked with humble faith 
to live in this crooked world of despair, 
enduring wisdom of the glowing sun. 

The sweet-voiced stream that gives me drink of life 
bears me away on ceaseless tides of hope 
when I float lost on current of my fate 
far from paradise I built with my hands 
where strangers now enjoy fruit of my heart 
stolen from wisdom of the glowing sun. 

The unknown faceless bards of long ago 
who haunt my heart as ghosts of ancient truth 
now touch my lips with flame of sacred fire 
so I see beauty in gloom of my fear 
when I strum lyre and sing tale of the fool 
who still seeks wisdom of the glowing sun. 

In snow-white hair of clouds on shoulder hills 
moonlight reveals face of my mother clear 
when she gives me green emerald of the sea 
that glitters with first flash of the big bang 
and teaches me how to sing what I dream 
that encodes wisdom of the glowing sun. 

Oppressed for centuries by greedy kings, 
we break our hearts from chains of misery 
to journey far across the storm-wracked sea 
and build new paradise in haunted woods 
where I still roam with nowhere to call home 
past signs to wisdom of the glowing sun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment