Sunday, March 24, 2024

Forge The New World

Forge The New World
© Surazeus
2024 03 24

My ghost is strolling down the avenue, 
cheerfully waving to the faceless souls 
who buy plastic toys in corporate stores, 
because he wants to fall in love with you, 
then pilfer all your capitalist goals 
and sell them to blind angels in glass doors. 

Instead of working to conquer the world 
I prefer to stay in my cluttered home, 
drinking mead and playing video games, 
but I have to go play the cosmic herald 
after years when I would aimlessly roam 
on roads that lead nowhere in picture frames. 

Alone on pyramid of the One Eye 
that sees into dark heart of endless time, 
I preach salvation of the search for truth 
expressed with rites of science in the key 
that opens formulas through psychic rhyme 
which measure nothingness of the god wraith. 

Yet still I sail in river boat of faith 
that we incarnate from maternal womb 
four hundred million years to find out why 
how atoms work inspires messiah sleuth 
to find skull of Orpheus in the tomb 
where he still prophesies the Divine I. 

My ghost is typing words of magic spells 
that conjure visions of life-spinning Earth 
in minds of people born long since I die 
to program language charging our brain cells 
for when we gather at the global hearth 
to share stories while eating apple pie. 

Young woman in pink dress plays wood guitar 
and sings about the foolish man she loves 
who fails to understand her secret heart, 
then she explores the world in lonely car 
that glides winding highways past mountain coves 
till she gets lost in the puzzling star chart. 

Aware of how much more it costs these days 
to raise young children for lives of success, 
she places ancient Lyre of Mercury 
with Excalibur somewhere in the maze 
while wearing mask of the sly sorceress 
that everyone expects from comedy. 

Eating roast beef and drinking honey wine, 
alone in castle on the shining hill, 
I ponder why we rebels must destroy 
social structure of the old world design 
before we forge the new world with free will, 
like Rome was built new on ruins of Troy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment