Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Weird Miracle Of Why

Weird Miracle Of Why
© Surazeus
2024 03 20

Thirsty to taste sweet orange peel of the sky, 
I examine broken things of the world 
so I can breathe weird miracle of why 
that winds my heart with wings of atoms curled 
more taut than galaxies of dreaming brains 
because I lose myself in mindless rains. 

Obtaining memories from wild honeybees 
that modify how time designs my name, 
I wander woods of strange identities 
to swindle wisdom with the curious game 
I play through calm perplexity of faith 
that leads my way to sea of the blind wraith. 

Halfway between the mountain and the sea, 
lost in religious haze of singing birds, 
I illustrate how angels live so free 
through allegory of unpuzzled words 
that shape ground of this Earth on which I dwell 
as faceless ghost who haunts Rune-springing well. 

Intensely anxious that sly Death still knows 
each secret name my brain tries to invent 
in vain attempts to escape fate of snows, 
I decide to campaign for president 
since we have decided to behead kings 
who tremble in rage when Queen Ishtar sings. 

I love every human who lives on Earth 
whether any of them love me or not, 
because I value each soul with great worth 
since we are creatures that sunlight has wrought 
through process of evolution to dream 
awake in our minds by the flowing stream. 

Bright stars of childhood still gleam in our eyes 
which inspires our bodies to grow in play, 
though pain of failing organs twists the prize 
of joy we claim as we start to decay, 
because ambiguous stories of the dead 
intone manic melodies in my head. 

Each serpent slithering in meadow of fear 
guides me to emotional swing of hope 
that flings me to the silver moon so near 
I almost understand how I might cope 
with stringent passion of daily desire 
to transcend my role in the global choir. 

When life-affirming sap of Mother Earth 
shoots upward through my body into wings, 
I reach my spirit high toward soul rebirth 
to dance in mountain grove where Ishtar sings, 
for with clear temporary glow of life 
she fills my heart with joy as loving wife. 


No comments:

Post a Comment