Sunday, March 3, 2024

Imitate My Clone

Imitate My Clone
© Surazeus
2024 03 03

I could not say the reason for her eyes 
except to claim I make the clouds expand 
because red horses gallop past the wind 
while I kneel weeping before the black rose 
to prove my love is more real than the car 
that steals its engine from the screaming star. 

With open windows letting birds fly in, 
I rearrange library books to match 
color scheme of frogs devised by the witch 
who teaches me to imitate my clone 
in subtle game of politics we play 
in vain attempt to outwit the star fay. 

This veil of elegant ballet I wear 
to hide my eyes from horrors of the war 
conceals no more than machine of stark fear 
which motivates son of the sorcerer 
to counterspell graceful leap of faith 
with howling anguish of the hope-blind wraith. 

Yet we still gather in the church to pray 
with pure hearts dedicated to expand 
Empire of Jesus to rule every land 
with harsh punishment of mental decay 
since I am bloodline of the Holy Grail, 
destined to rule Earth with my victim tale. 

Her eyes explode my brain with bees of joy 
each time I paint grand mural that presents 
glorious deeds of immortal presidents 
who rule our empire that will never die 
with Holy Book and Gun to prove our God 
enforces his law with the justice squad. 

When the young mother who gave birth to twins 
sees their souls after they are killed by bombs, 
she transforms into dragon of brave wombs 
to play eerie tunes on flute of their bones 
while leaders of great nations swim in pools 
to chat about how they control their fools. 

With plan to nullify electoral votes 
before the Furies from mindless abyss 
drag him screaming in fear from the White House, 
the traitor tries to abrogate our rights 
till Jupiter arrests him for his crimes 
and condemns him to imitate mad mimes. 

Adjusting magic ring with emerald gem 
on finger of the woman I love most, 
I learn from her weird secret of the ghost 
when she teaches me to interpret dream 
that haunts me every morning when I wake 
till she baptizes me in Star-Eyed Lake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment