Friday, March 8, 2024

Breathe Dolorous Faith

Breathe Dolorous Faith
© Surazeus
2024 03 08

Though stars observe the way I live my life 
I cannot disappoint their radiance 
because my blood and bones shine with their eyes. 
Tall twisted oaks reach for the empty sky 
to find strange treasures of my faded dreams 
and teach me how to breathe dolorous faith. 

While driving highway to vast city maze 
I see hills wander in white morning fog 
to chat with sheep and cows about my faith. 
Dim morning light erases from my eyes 
blackening joy of stillness in my bones 
that melts strange fear from my heavenly heart. 

Each snowflake that once swirled on wings of fire 
blooms now as leaves and blossoms that require 
I rouse my sorrow from long winter chill. 
I want to write your story in the book 
that would preserve your special soul in words 
long after you crumble into lawn soil. 

Stars threaten me with ecstasy of truth 
so I fall up to Heaven that exists 
nowhere except in early morning dreams. 
Time stretches past all tolerance of pain 
to curve conceptual space inside my skull 
with leisurely flight of crows among oaks. 

I would stay safe inside walls of my home 
if ghosts of tyrants were not haunting Earth 
with greedy ambition of fearful men. 
The stars care not whether we live or die 
for justice is not served, nor karma won, 
by people afraid to unite and fight. 

Dazed on the neighborhood street in light fog, 
I see no gangs of angry boys with guns 
shoot each other over who owns this land. 
Yet fields of farmers are stained with their blood 
and treeless hills cradle their fractured skulls 
that sing no prophecies in wordless winds. 

The flower blooming from skull of the seer 
glows passively with beauty of desire, 
attracting honey bees to maintain life. 
Immortal light of stars beams in my cells 
to weave bright atoms in web of my brain, 
so I dream their love and hate in my soul. 

Though I adore how stars ardently beam 
divine energy through atoms I am, 
they cannot disappoint my aching heart. 
Quaint hills call me to walk their whitening 
so I can cleanse my heart of sorrowing 
with calm acceptance of indifferent stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment