Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Pretty Queen Of Tears

Pretty Queen Of Tears
© Surazeus
2024 03 13

The white horse only guides me by surprise 
as captive of Apollo, god of songs, 
who calls me with strange voice of motor cars 
programmed by Theseus to wake the dead, 
electric shock therapy of cruel jokes 
that crack invisible mirrors with faith. 

When I was troubled by gold evening light 
that stretches boundaries of my ardent mind, 
you molded my body from ocean slime 
with tangled knots no sailor can untie, 
though I climb the tallest tree in the world 
to understand why monkeys love to sing. 

Stealing words of detective story plots 
to bribe my sad collaborating Muse, 
I tell fictional version of my life 
in memoir full of lies that no one reads 
about how snakes in apple trees can trick 
fools into believing God loves their names. 

My eyes will never see what my hands do 
because I type words on blank page of truth 
to confess with verbal rawness of faith 
deception I perform to scam the rich 
by fooling them to believe the black rose 
contains the secret of eternal life. 

Because I love the pretty Queen of Tears, 
who opens windows on hot summer nights, 
I dance ballet on the razor-sharp edge 
of honest passion between naked souls 
who pass each other in the sultry dusk 
with brutal swagger of the hungry dead. 

Though History wants to live with what is here, 
clutching my heart with gentle dragon claws, 
I choose to accept that all humans die 
with unfinished drama of our desire 
luring us way too deep in maze of myths 
for us to escape trap of great events. 

Cows wait patiently in the field of dreams 
where I grip high-voltage wire of ambition 
with laughable plan to crown myself king 
while hunting predatory clowns with stealth 
who wear my terrifying innocence 
as angelic mask to hide their scarred face. 

Midway through journey of my futile quest 
to find the Holy Grail inside my heart, 
I drop dead in the middle of my show, 
still gripping mask of my negative self 
that melts in screaming alphabets of faith 
because I wake not in the Afterlife. 


No comments:

Post a Comment