Sunday, March 24, 2024

Weird Religious Cult

Weird Religious Cult
© Surazeus
2024 03 24

The traveler who maps the signless road 
across the wilderness of windy hope 
lifts up their eyes to know the world is wide 
with beauty of the ideal scene through hype 
because they know no land is theirs to claim, 
even if they label it with their name. 

We are but fragile flame of spirit breath 
that sprouts from soil and eats conceptual bread, 
then disappears in restless winds of faith 
more sweet than tangy taste of marmalade 
that leaves us lost in confusion of right, 
mind blinded by strange darkness of the light. 

Full golden moon that gleams in web of limbs 
to sharpen focus of fear-drunken wits 
reveals strange face in solitary pool 
who offers frantic puzzle of the book 
with shocking obfuscation we deny 
despite our desperate need to invent why. 

Throughout confusing drama of my life 
I only meet strange spirits out of time 
who try to control my body and mind, 
but I find in my heart pure flame of love 
that guides me through vast city maze of doom 
while I type visions in my empty room. 

Engaged in rites of weird religious cult 
where prophets compete to ride the wild colt, 
I paint letters of psalms on temple walls 
describing demons who crawl from deep wells 
with sacred spells on scrolls of secret names 
that appoint who plays political games. 

Behind each moment of my waking hours 
memories of my ancestors cased in spores 
sprout into visions glowing in my brain 
that program how I perceive each new scene 
in which I replay actions of their fates 
to swerve aside and open different gates. 

My ghost appears before me in the door 
when I head out to drive gas engine car 
in search for Holy Grail in maze of myths 
in vain attempt to navigate lost paths 
which I decide to map when I get lost 
so the yet-born may know what truth must cost. 

The traveler who gives free books to the town 
explains contrary puzzle of the known 
so anyone who wants to earn world fame 
can prophesy how humans evade doom, 
yet in the morning we all go to work, 
assisting program of the Cosmic Clerk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment