Saturday, March 23, 2024

Green Metal Desk

Green Metal Desk
© Surazeus
2024 03 23

The green metal desk of my office hours 
contrives my journey to the Promised Land 
while I type reports on computer screen 
which glows with passion of gold angel wings 
till I wake undrowned in the Lake of Dreams, 
then wear tweed jacket as I head for home. 

The slowly ticking clock of my false fears 
derives my hopes and dreams from fairy tales 
describing how the hero breaks the rules 
to ride the winged horse beyond the moon 
while riding town bus in misty dawn hours 
to analyze data for product sales. 

Strange foreign winter of my native land 
gambles with rain to reverse tragic fate 
of orphaned children whose dissevered limbs 
wait among pencils in office desk drawer 
for me to calculate profit and loss 
in accounting books angels wish to burn. 

Each time proud princess of the lotus bloom 
knocks on my office door just after noon 
she explains with frown of rich chocolate cake 
that I must file reports the proper way 
and pack them in accurately labeled boxes 
so ghosts of war-killed children can get home. 

Back at the long-neglected office desk, 
I almost forgot is mine based on the law, 
I search for code book of prophetic dreams 
to find out what the green Chevrolet means 
which I drive on country road out of town 
to mountains where no graves of children bloom. 

I know the home I rented is somewhere 
down tree-lined avenue with blank street signs 
because my family is still living there, 
which I can find if I follow road lines 
painted by grinning elves with dragon blood 
for limbless children in rubble of war. 

The one-legged girl, whose family was killed 
when bombs of justice demolished her home, 
wears pink tutu as she dances ballet 
on spotlit stage before the wealthy crowd 
who rattle their jewels to demonstrate 
support for children orphaned by the war. 

The green metal desk of my wordless faith 
supports conceptual project I design 
to create virtual world of spring-bright trees 
in video game that warriors use to train 
for noble fight to guard democracy 
against control-freaks of dictatorships. 


No comments:

Post a Comment