Thursday, March 28, 2024

Theology Of Beautiful Lies

Theology Of Beautiful Lies
© Surazeus
2024 03 28

Stars always seem to know how I should feel 
as if their pulsing passion from prime thought 
beams through my brain cells in weird words of truth 
which animates my body with pure love 
to generate new life from flame of death 
that glows through darkness of eternity. 

While people dance with pulse of energy 
in crowded bar that swirls with divine breath 
preserved in grapes from sunlit drops above, 
I scribble profound thoughts in secret booth 
in book of riddles my first girlfriend bought 
to formulate new world view of the real. 

What dangers threaten our togetherness 
we overcome with loyalty of trust 
that binds our bodies with spirit of faith 
unraveled by blind Fate with seven eyes 
who weaves new wings for us to fly with hope 
toward Wonderland built by the River Styx. 

Disarmed by endless games of politics 
between prophets who teach mankind to cope 
with theology of beautiful lies, 
I accept harsh finality of death 
as temporary soul forged from stardust 
who wears theatric mask of Sisyphus. 

I push my rolling stone of liberty 
with manic courage of the half-blind fool 
up to ice-slick peak of Mount Helicon 
so when it tumbles toward Mount Ararat 
its justice will crush statue of King Midas 
whose fall creates Hell in waste land of Earth. 

When I discover secret of rebirth 
encoded in sacred book that will guide us 
on noble quest to live as democrat, 
I campaign to play Sage of Avalon 
by founding castle to run magic school 
where I teach laws of private property. 

So I join my friends in the quaint cafe 
to eat beef hamburgers and drink root beer 
then chat about poetics we employ 
to write dream spells of computer brain code 
that beam visions about the universe 
in minds of readers who worship the Truth. 

Trapped by my fate to play messiah sleuth 
in every version of our multiverse, 
I hitchhike with guitar on signless road 
to marry beautiful Helen of Troy 
on Oregon Trail as last pioneer 
destined to preside over Judgment Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment