Friday, March 22, 2024

Journey To The Moon

Journey To The Moon
© Surazeus
2024 03 22

While I am meditating in deep trance 
to wake immortal spirit of the stars 
with vibrant energy of conscious love, 
I find myself alone on desert plain 
before enormous ziggurat of skulls 
with diamonds gleaming as their demon eyes. 

Then from exploding heaps of spiteful sand 
I see grim Ozymandias appear 
with visage of huge statue Daniel saw, 
so I run to peak of Mount Helicon 
and hurl marble boulder of Sisyphus 
like bowling ball to crush his august pride. 

With heart of victorious alacrity 
I climb heavenly stairs of shining gold 
to plaza on the flat-top ziggurat 
where Ishtar gazes through tall telescope 
that projects her eye huge as Jupiter 
so she sees all that happens on the Earth. 

After placing laurel wreath on my head, 
the bright-eyed Queen of Heaven offers me 
choice of winged horses as my bold mount, 
Pegasus, Bucephalus, or Buraq, 
but while each one would bear me to my goal 
I choose instead Tianma that Kwan Yin trained. 

Mounting lithe horse with elegant swan wings, 
whose black eyes gleam with primal stars of love, 
I ride her swift expression of pure faith 
three times around life-spinning globe of Earth 
till she transcends this mortal plane of flesh 
and streaks on wings of lightning to the moon. 

Descending from ethereal swirls of light, 
Tianma, with purring wings that ripple time, 
lands on enormous marble ziggurat 
where wise Apollo on smooth throne of gold 
strums lyre of Mercury with supple hands 
and sings long epic poem that John Keats wrote. 

Entranced by vision of Hyperion, 
who reigned in crystal palace of star eyes 
one hundred million years of crafty peace, 
I gaze at sphere of Earth that shimmers bright, 
green and blue in nowhere void of hope, 
weeping for tragic lives of human souls. 

Awake from dream of meditating trance, 
I stretch and walk outside the silent hall 
to stroll in garden where cherry trees bloom 
fragile as children killed in brutal wars 
that rage in distant lands around the world, 
while I drink peach juice in the cool spring breeze. 


No comments:

Post a Comment