Saturday, October 14, 2023

When Children Flee

When Children Flee
© Surazeus
2023 10 14

Lost in permanent blueness of the lake, 
without the name my mother wove from flowers, 
I study weightless strangeness of my body 
to understand mysterious code of love 
which motivates my quest to become who 
I see in shadow of the mirrored sky. 

Dark hills assemble memories of my eyes 
with barren harvest of the pestilence 
that leaves me stranded in the doorless house 
where I call to blind spirit of the tree 
who creeps on whispers to my secret space 
to empty my heart with sorrow of truth. 

Distorted tale of artificial mist 
explains how I must change daily routine 
to intervene in social genocide 
when blood of victims from the sacrifice 
fertilize desert fields with soul of love 
without warning of destiny to prove. 

Immense confusion of the shouting voice 
when the father leads frightened son by hand 
from smoking rubble of their bombed-out home 
explains why his mother buried in bricks 
will never fry cakes on the stove again 
though their scent is mingled with burning flesh. 

Material of our bodies formed from light 
dissolves in searing wind of arrogance 
expressed by voice of angels in swift bombs 
that soar from Heaven on wings of desire 
to reconstruct reality we cherish 
with foolish faith in justice of the Earth. 

We cannot unsee visions of despair 
when children flee from maze of ruined towers 
to leap across abyss of flowing waters 
with fearless terror of the singing bomb 
which redesigns our global paradigm 
with every searing blast of holy light. 

Though refugees from war on signless road 
kneel before Burning Bush of divine truth, 
they see in writhing flames of honest faith 
bodies of people they love blown to bits 
from which no Frankenstein can build new souls 
sewn together with stories no one shares. 

Immaculate field of pure snow-white sand 
shields nameless ghosts who cannot find the boat 
from screaming bombs of noble tyranny 
when they flee garden of the Promised Land 
to search for fountain of the wingless horse 
that springs in valley of the singing skull. 


No comments:

Post a Comment