Sunday, October 22, 2023

Unbloomed Apple Seeds

Unbloomed Apple Seeds
© Surazeus
2023 10 22

As faceless storm in love with the wild sea, 
I sing sad hymns with invisible birds 
in bare ruined choir of abandoned church 
where God is nothing now but skeleton 
still glowing with atoms of the big bang, 
so I paint nameless stars of outer space. 

In love with absence of my lonely house, 
I cling to ghosts inside pictureless walls 
to float on ocean waves of dreamless words 
that throw me up from abyss of despair 
so I must stand and walk this spinning Earth 
without getting dizzy with love for you. 

Searching for love in unbloomed apple seeds, 
I flit with shadows in the ruined church 
to read tales of heroes in tattered book 
that lies beside the broken altar stone 
as eyeless wind flips pages of its dreams 
to find the name my mother called me once. 

Yet clock in trunk of the ancient oak tree 
cannot translate sweet riddles of the wind 
for me to trace footsteps of hope you leave 
half-erased on trail through moaning woods 
because my soul is trapped in picture frame 
above piano no angel can play. 

White dogwood petals on the happy tree 
may represent wounds of the Fisher King, 
who hangs on cross of the telephone pole 
two thousand years beside the River Styx, 
but I examine their secret of faith 
with god eye of the curious microscope. 

Though grandson of Dionysus transforms 
into Siddhartha beneath the fig tree, 
who watches sun and moon, engined with stars, 
swirl bright around the Earth ten thousand years, 
I play tortoise-shell lyre of Mercury 
with hands eager to spark Love Energy. 

When fifty thousand children of Thor dance 
on rain-soaked farm while Lucifer plays hymns, 
stoned on ambrosia brewed by Ceridwen, 
I rocket from White Whale on the ocean wave 
to flash through lightning of butterfly wings 
transformed from jet planes in burning Blue Sky. 

Thus sly Taliesin, wearing business suit, 
runs international bank to fund farmers 
whose produce feeds all people of the world 
who dance to music in the muddy field, 
as depicted on the shining brass shield 
Achilles bears when he invades lost Eden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment