Friday, October 20, 2023

Circle Of The World

Circle Of The World
© Surazeus
2023 10 20

I never go back along road of life 
for I must progress toward my destiny 
which I create with every choice I make 
when I turn forth this way, and not that way, 
till I stand on lake shore where I began 
and realize I circled the entire world. 

When I follow blazing wheel of the sun 
I walk in circles around the whole world 
to always end up back where I began, 
so I note where the sun rises and sets 
and always follow its light toward the night 
till I break free from circle of the world. 

When I struggle, trapped in slough of despond, 
forever surging toward the flashing sun, 
I stop and float in nothingness of hope 
till I gain strength to rise above taut frame, 
then race beyond the world I know too well 
to find that Heaven emerges from Hell. 

While collecting apples, mushrooms, and eggs, 
I see stand on enormous mound of stone 
tall regal woman wearing long white gown 
and arching brass helmet with horse hair tufts 
who wields slender scepter with diamond tip 
that glitters bright as her sky-silver eyes. 

From spirit of my heart she creates life 
by generating with shape of my soul 
small replica who appears just like me, 
so I name our child she makes from my mind 
whose face mirrors maternal face of love 
when she follows my footsteps with delight. 

We walk together to explore far lands, 
small playful replica of my weird soul 
ever smiling with word-enchanting joy 
at beauty that forms circle of the world 
though everything we love crumbles in rain 
of constant change with turning of our globe. 

In footsteps of my father many years 
I followed unseen road of blazing light 
till he lay down from process of old age 
and disappeared in whisper of the wind 
while his frail bones form structure of our sphere 
that spins in circle of adjusting force. 

Someday far down the winding road of fate 
I will lie down at finish of my quest 
to vanish in soft glow of light on fruit 
while child who sprang from vision of my mind 
continues journey to follow the sun 
and find at least where She rests in her cave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment