Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Someone Bombs A Hospital

Someone Bombs A Hospital
© Surazeus
2023 10 17

As I stroll with confident nonchalance 
into backyard of the house I just bought, 
I whisper softly with ache of my heart 
that I hope an owl lives in the spruce tree 
that spreads angelic wings to guard my home, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Gaza. 

While I drive my car to the grocery store 
to provide meals for my family this week, 
I consider how hard good farmers work 
to raise crops in vast fields of sun and rain 
that help feed millions of people in cities, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Ukraine. 

When I attend the genteel theater 
to watch the opera Tristan and Isolde, 
I ponder nature of passionate love 
that urges humans to regenerate 
children who search for the meaning of life, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Sudan. 

If I stand in church to sing solemn hymns 
praising God who created this whole world, 
I question why people form nation-states 
based on ancestral claim of ownership, 
then kill each other over river vales, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Syria. 

Since I love to express dreams of my heart 
while I strum guitar Mercury designed, 
I get up on stage in Bohemian bar 
and sing quaint folk songs my grandmother taught me 
she learned as a child in the old home country, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Thailand. 

As I walk mountain trail in swirling mist 
among tall pines in hills near Mount Takoma, 
I recite poems of Basho and Du Fu, 
then play bamboo flute by tall waterfall 
to cherish beauty of Nature with love, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Bosnia. 

While I study history in the library 
that records reigns of kings and presidents, 
I analyze march of cause and effect 
to evaluate rise and fall of empires 
based on technology humans develop, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Sri Lanka. 

Since I love spirit of humanity 
that blooms in cultures all around the Earth, 
I pray for people to cooperate 
creating food and art with crafty hands 
so we build Heaven where we live in peace, 
though someone bombs a hospital in Iraq. 


No comments:

Post a Comment