Sunday, October 1, 2023

This Is The Only Life

This Is The Only Life
© Surazeus
2023 10 01

This is the only life you have to live, 
explains the butterfly flapping frail wings 
that hurl hurricanes through eternity, 
so I stand on front porch of my strange home 
and stare with longing at the signless road 
that goes ever on and on from my door. 

I would like to touch the source of my grief 
so light from darkness of eternity 
would spark my soul awake from reverie 
to remember where I left you alone 
as if I could find my way back to you 
where you wait for me with cold kiss of death. 

Unbidden horror of ominous truth 
slips into fragile body of my soul 
with black juice dripping from poisonous fruit 
that quenches my thirst with sweet bitter truth 
so I walk around garden of dead trees 
and touch eternity inside their being. 

Through difficult effort of speaking truth 
I reach across abyss of silent time 
with tenuous relationship of trust 
that aids my mind with crippled raven wings 
to enter vast house of eternity 
where I prefer to keep still in strange light. 

The weight inside my body knows my fear 
which spinning needle of the compass twirls 
when I find center of the labyrinth 
that leads me deeper into cave of dreams 
where I create order from motif chaos 
to know the unknowable truth of being. 

Dark path I follow to year one of time 
pulls me through arbitrary fact of life 
because every road always goes both ways 
depending on the choice I will to make 
though I distrust my judgment of the truth 
which I still find with the wrong instrument. 

Alternative course beyond emptiness 
though I repeat myself with every dawn 
guides me through forest of eternity 
with outer wheel of knowing by the lake 
that disappears when I open my eyes 
so I find myself beside you at night. 

We change our destiny with every choice 
to swerve off road that our ancestors blazed 
based on pungent scent of fruit-blooming trees 
which startles me awake on empty field 
where ghosts still whisper stories of lost hope 
so I decide this world is paradise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment