Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Beyond The Real I Know

Beyond The Real I Know
© Surazeus
2023 10 10

If I leap out beyond the real I know 
to play rebellious jester, who contrives 
abrupt religion binding soul of light 
through taut equations laced with honest fear, 
I might remember how to breathe god soul 
which animates my body with despair. 

Each bomb that sings beyond the real I know 
translates our holy bodies of pure light 
to swirling smoke of psychic energy 
that wafts to Heaven high above red clouds 
where Jesus sleeps on throne of shining gold 
while humans kill each other in world wars. 

Though children play beyond the real I know 
where faceless angel, lost in mirror maze 
of laughing statues, knocks on mindless door 
of arrogant flags, lions drink our blood 
that flows from laughing skull of ancient god, 
distorted by strange words we never speak. 

When darkness spreads beyond the real I know 
with looming bulk of passion for this life, 
we celebrate regret from shocking rage 
at sudden fall from height of broken tower, 
safe in abyss of narrow mindedness 
to chat with angels blinded by our shame. 

Reborn from hope beyond the real I know 
to drift with endless sorrow on blank roads, 
I name each Earth-born creature I perceive 
to soothe sweet turmoil tearing at my heart 
when I recite tale of each human killed 
by bombs and bullets shot from mouth of faith. 

With weary eyes beyond the real I know 
that whisper spells of flame for global peace, 
I grope through subtle smoke of blasting bombs 
to find our Eden scorched by holy hymns 
where Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil 
lies twisted by hunger of rumbling tanks. 

Heartless with hope beyond the real I know, 
now hidden deep in shadow of my words, 
I hurl my brain at cathedral of truth 
to bomb conceptual idol God extends 
with silent laughter burst from egg of light 
at solemn prayer sad mothers still recite. 

Awake from dream beyond the real I know, 
which implements national pride in love, 
I practice theory through my life relived 
in shadow of delusion I construct 
to embody immortal soul of genes 
when I stand on the ocean shore and cry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment