Friday, October 20, 2023

Her Bombed-Out Home

Her Bombed-Out Home
© Surazeus
2023 10 20

Forever evening of green eerie glow 
erasing sorrow from soft pristine snow 
enwraps my heart in foil of willow lace 
at mirror-flash of moonless raven face 
so I remember why my spirit beams 
in singing trees by clock-clandestine streams. 

Beyond exquisite touch of our lost kiss 
my heart still radiates flowers of stark bliss 
despite how awkwardly I fumble lines 
at mute seduction of our eglantines 
that coil around our bones in grave of faith 
with each explosion from eyes of the wraith. 

Not soon enough for breezes to quell hope 
when I pause paralyzed on shadowed slope 
at heart-enchanting cry from fractured ground 
extending soft wail through Mercury sound 
that chills my soul with bright epiphany 
more vast than words trapped by infinity. 

So I reach out my curious hand to touch 
elusive beauty of your far-too-much 
that blinds my mind with leap of liberty 
based on radioactive divinity 
assembling puzzle I create from me 
at lightning laughter of the doorless key. 

Though relative to noble arrogance, 
deceived by riddle of strange evidence, 
I code experience I would soon forget 
bewitching quirky sprites without regret 
who creep with smirks in fluid evening grass 
to whisper proverbs of atomic mass. 

If I join ritual of the waterfall 
in mirror-masking maze of ghostly call 
I might find treasure of the weeping book 
composed by daughter of the castle cook 
who draws my picture with blood of the ghost 
on plate of snake eggs for the hungry host. 

Young girl in tattered dress of bitter truth, 
who will be mother of messiah sleuth, 
waits in gray rubble of her bombed-out home, 
innocent heart pure as the honeycomb, 
while rockets casting red glare on her face 
reorganize concept of the safe space. 

Melodious wails of children maimed by bombs 
translate our horror to religious psalms 
we sing while marching to protest cruel war 
our hearts suppress in lessons of folk lore 
when Phoebus soothes our hearts with haunting lyre 
that releases Caliban from the mire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment