Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sings Her First Song

Sings Her First Song
© Surazeus
2023 08 17

Because I almost forget that I exist 
I follow Alastor on mountain trail 
to find the empty tomb where poets sleep 
in living death of longing for the Muse 
who dwells in cave of dreams by singing sea 
with spells to enchant workers in the field. 

Entranced by tingling silentness of night, 
I walk in solitude of icy stars 
with longing for the fellowship of ghosts 
who gather in dark woods where moonlight glows 
to dance around winter-bare apple tree 
alone with spirits of the global dead. 

Though I watch shadow of her ancient steps, 
our common mother of this eerie world 
reveals strange records of ancestral souls 
to teach me secret of my human heart, 
so I mix words and dreams in potent brew 
that charms my mind with visions of desire. 

When I unveil her inmost sanctuary 
in eager hope to view her glorious face 
she sends fantastic sprites of twilight fear 
to blast my eyes with mysteries of the heart, 
so I exert ambitious quest for truth, 
but wake in deserted fane of her bones. 

How glorious shines eternal Mother Earth 
as spirit radiating beauty of stars 
from passionate core of each girl alive, 
for flame of joy glows clear in all their hearts 
with fertile craft to generate new life 
that lives in their children after they die. 

Across the rugged world of radiant lakes 
I pursue fleeting spirit of her beauty 
till in ancient cave by the roaring sea 
I kneel and cradle her skull in my hands 
to feel her dancing forever in wind, 
though she died twenty million years ago. 

Though I visited in quest for beauty 
awful ruins of every ancient city, 
I find eternal mother of mankind 
nowhere on Earth except inside my heart, 
for First Mother who created our souls 
lives awake this eerie hour in my heart. 

Roused from shock of my vision at dawn 
I savor cold white light of the gold moon 
whose lamp illuminates soul of First Mother 
awake in every human being alive 
who in our deepest dreams remembers when 
she stands on the beach and sings her first song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment