Monday, August 7, 2023

Farmers For Democracy

Farmers For Democracy
© Surazeus
2023 08 07

Still walking signless road to nowhere else, 
I think about strange mystery of the false 
hidden in secret code of fairy tales 
about the fox girl with nine fluffy tails 
who lures me with sweet words to her dream cave 
where I become harmony of the wave. 

My father in wheat field with cutting scythe 
points toward lonely hills where dragons writhe 
with mind-flashing visions of mushroom wine 
while dryads pluck grapes from the tangled vine, 
so I journey west while I play bone flute 
to the desert town where boys always shoot. 

My mother bright in shadow of the door 
sends me to blacksmith on the misty moor 
with desperate hope that I will learn to forge 
death-defying sword for honest Saint George 
to slay Dragon Queen who rules Avalon, 
but I join her squad to fight Babylon. 

I think I understand truth from each clue 
I assemble in puzzle of world view, 
but how I see this world is now my own 
and not their doctrine long written in stone 
by hand of Jove who rules on Ararat 
with faceless spirit of the acrobat. 

Consistent with my plan to rule the world 
in government role as the Cosmic Herald, 
your vision of equality for all 
before my shocked Luciferian fall 
still guides my journey to the Promised Land 
where vampire king reigns with his red right hand. 

As first-born son of tyrant Jupiter, 
I find myself with role of Lucifer 
leading revolution of singing clowns 
who play guitar at bars in country towns 
to rally farmers for democracy 
who fight the crownless king of tyranny. 

Yet when I see how sons of Jesus fight 
to exploit factory workers for their right 
to live free from soul-crushing debt of fear, 
I ask Lohengrin for Destiny Spear 
to fight world empire of the star-born king 
who assimilates all with angel wing. 

Still lost in songless wilderness of pain, 
I wrestle blue snake of arrogant rain 
to slay Goliath with rock of salvation 
based on progress of human evolution, 
so I sit under the apple tree and dream 
my lover dancing by the timeless stream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment