Sunday, August 6, 2023

Brickleberry Ridge

Brickleberry Ridge
© Surazeus
2023 08 06

I think about sweet laughter of your eyes 
when we first meet among the apple trees 
where silver mist swirls over river reeds, 
and we hold hands as we explore the woods 
so many years ago now in the past, 
as I wander on Brickleberry Ridge. 

I think about Moon River flowing slow 
among dark hills where rainbows never glow 
as secret home where ghosts float in the wind 
that teaches me strange stories of this land 
about skeletons scattered on the coast, 
yet wait for you on Brickleberry Ridge. 

Startled awake at soft scream of the moon, 
I listen till I hear heart-aching tune 
of lonely soul who waits around the bend 
for never-coming of their secret friend, 
because nothing we love will ever last, 
though I still pray on Brickleberry Ridge. 

I want to play Dream Maker for the world 
but I get hired to play the cosmic herald 
who bears good news to people in the maze, 
gathered in Eden to worship Queen Rose 
who only loves fools who can pass her test, 
except for me on Brickleberry Ridge. 

Alone on signless road to Anywhere, 
I journey on my quest to find God Star 
whose eyes illuminate weird mask I wear 
that beams conceptual darkness much too far 
as I search for the tree where we first kissed 
to build our home on Brickleberry Ridge. 

Far bigger than this world on which we live 
my heart decides I have nothing to prove, 
yet I sink songless in the swirling sea 
to gaze with pearl eyes at the godless sky, 
and ponder which inspiring spell to cast, 
awake with faith on Brickleberry Ridge. 

With silent anguish on wild ocean shore 
I dream our evolution from God Star 
that glows from clock embedded in the oak 
with spiral sequence of genes mothers make 
to give us bodies in land of the lost, 
reborn from love on Brickleberry Ridge. 

While keeping watch in tower on the hill 
I cheer my son paint murals on the wall 
depicting history of humanity 
that highlights heroes of integrity, 
but when my body dissolves into frost 
bury my heart on Brickleberry Ridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment