Sunday, August 20, 2023

Quest To Find Truth

Quest To Find Truth
© Surazeus
2023 08 20

Stuck forever on my quest to find truth, 
I continue to revise my world view, 
adjusting strict description of the real 
based on strange perceptions I analyze, 
so I can swerve lithe on Icarian wings 
to avoid injury from trap of desire. 

Old half-blind man with weed-entangled beard, 
who points crooked wand of wisdom with sneer 
beyond safe haven walls of paradise, 
counseling I follow ominous tract, 
blurs into my face glaring back at me 
from fractured mirror of eternity. 

Once I dispel harsh suffering of my soul 
I might savor victory over my death 
if I find, in dark tower of my mind, 
beautiful but sad Rapunzel who sings 
heart-wrenching elegies for noble heroes 
whose skulls sing in waste land of our Great Truth. 

Yet after trudging signless road through Hell, 
past blind pale gaunt horse of hungry despair, 
and gangs of cruel men fighting to the death, 
I find by poisoned well of the dark tower 
father Thamuris clutching stringless lyre 
as he attempts to sing with raspy voice. 

Since I must enjoy bitterness of failure 
I cackle at stark rain that never falls 
to realize I would never choose to die 
for grand idea of national pride 
though my father once ruled paradise lost 
with rusty sword still stained with blood of gods. 

Even though I fail to become myself 
as I strum Apollonian guitar strings 
about great glory of my Kingdom Come, 
I fight against Muses of Helicon 
to prove my tales tell truth with slanter power, 
yet they burn all my books in vestal halls. 

Since hoary crippled father of my heart 
deceived angry child of my mind with truth 
about ghost of the girl in the dark tower, 
I stray lost on the right way to her home, 
but find I climbed its height of dizziness 
from which I cannot descend without wings. 

My soul, engendered by some faceless god 
who hovers above with luminous wings, 
expands from seed of origin with lust 
to recreate myself from void of faith, 
so I wear new mask I mold from my pain 
that gleams with weird name I declare as mine. 

Though last to walk this desolated Earth 
on ancient never-ending quest of broken hearts 
to find the fertile Muse of endless truth, 
I stride with courage through the mirror door 
at click of hope that traps me in my dream 
where Calliope welcomes me with love. 

Two Muses born from union of our souls, 
when Melusine and I generate life, 
immortal soul of genes in mortal kids, 
bury my corpse under the apple tree 
and dwell with their mother in the dark tower 
where they wear the masks they mold from my face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment