Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Goddess Of United Earth

Goddess Of United Earth
© Surazeus
2023 08 02

Dream Jester calls me on the telephone 
to explain the joke about modern life 
defining how each individual soul 
creates their own meaning for how to live 
by choosing which illusions to believe in 
as we wander on signless roads to Heaven. 

Carving soul-haunted flute from dragon bone, 
which I find in tangled hair of my wife, 
I compose weird play to present god role 
based on the fool who taught us how to give, 
so balance of our fortune comes out even 
when I receive mushrooms from the Moon Raven. 

So many beautiful people I love, 
though I never knew them before they died, 
disappear in the bleak heart-breaking hum 
of death that blinds me with eternal light 
though I visit each stage in evolution 
which I must suffer to attain salvation. 

When the Dream Jester knocks on my house door 
we sit together by the glowing hearth 
to compose Ballad of the Nevermore 
that would heal broken hearts with tender mirth, 
since world prophet dies alone at train station 
as I translate spells from skull of the Thracian. 

When I meet Minerva on road of time 
we walk together on the mountain trail, 
discussing how humans evolve from slime 
till second coming of King Percival, 
then sleep together under Tree of Knowledge 
while our children attend World Magic College. 

Dream Jester leads me to the Promised Land 
where kind zombies worship their Vampire King, 
so I search truth of ever-shifting sand 
to forge from anguish one world-binding ring 
that gives me verbal power to embellish 
myths of heroes preachers want to abolish. 

With noble intent to free men from fear 
we fight to save all economic slaves, 
lead by Artemis who rides the swift deer 
in revolution from illusion caves, 
till our mission is countered by men jealous 
that our world view resembles the vine trellis. 

When Gaia returns in starship of clones 
we crown her Goddess of United Earth 
because she knocks all tyrants off gold thrones, 
then teaches us secret of soul rebirth, 
so we build state of universal justice 
ruled by equality of Mother Tellus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment