Thursday, August 3, 2023

Reunion With The Dead

Reunion With The Dead
© Surazeus
2023 08 03

Fantasy of reunion with the dead 
blinds billions of people to the stark truth 
that we vanish to nothing when we die, 
for the fact that we blank out when we sleep 
proves self-awareness of our consciousness 
is but fantastic function of our brains. 

We live together but we die alone, 
for every soul that walks this spinning Earth, 
and savors beauty of fantastic scenes 
with heart-aching pleasure of feeling love, 
at least lies down, exhausted from the journey, 
to sink into mute nothingness of death. 

Sweet pleasures of this life our brains record, 
as memories glowing with epiphanies 
of wisdom flashing warm in dark cold nights, 
dissolve from conscious functions of our brains 
as sparkling chemicals, which animate 
our souls, dissipate from system of sense. 

Disentangled from this body of flesh, 
my soul becomes not angel of pure light, 
nor does it float on wings of rectitude 
to thread its taut divinity of faith 
with undulating matrix of salvation 
to shine unchanging in Realm of Ideas. 

Each individual who has lived on Earth 
four hundred million years of evolution 
through frail organic bodies of desire 
has both savored pleasure and suffered pain 
as they meet shadow of death in their fate 
whether they generate new life or not. 

The dead cannot return from nothingness 
for bodies that sustain our dreaming minds 
are generated by maternal wombs 
assembling atoms in organic forms 
so we wake surprised with weird ecstasy 
then stumble gracefully on road we make. 

Alone on landscape of fruit trees by lakes, 
I contemplate existence of my self, 
confused at vibrant passion of my heart, 
till I see clearly who I will I am 
reflected in response of souls I love 
for we define ourselves in words we speak. 

Though I long for reunion with the dead, 
whose memories haunt my heart after they die, 
I cannot feed this fantasy with hope 
for energy my aching heart expends 
exhausts my soul, so I treasure their being 
with songs that preserve their souls till I die. 


No comments:

Post a Comment