Sunday, August 6, 2023

Lamentation Of Phorcus

Lamentation Of Phorcus
© Surazeus
2023 08 06

Rowing frail boat on the dark sea at night 
where vast waters trap my heart with despair, 
I search for stars that show me where I am, 
lost in boundless nowhere of the weird sky 
that always seems to watch me without eyes, 
so I become the flowing tide of change. 

When huge sea monster of my aching soul 
emerges from black waters of despair 
to swallow hungry horror of my lust, 
I wrestle with demonic rage of hope 
which animates my frail body with strength 
till I control fierce anger of my mind. 

Returning to shifting sands of the shore 
with sea monster of despair in my hands, 
I slice and roast its flesh on crackling flames 
that writhe in wind on flat-top pyramid 
where I drink its spirit in hot blood wine, 
and dance till its ancient power is mine. 

Wearing fish-mouth skull on my head as crown 
that grants me sky authority to rule, 
I reign on flat-top pyramid of bones 
before assembled crowd of refugees, 
and proclaim myself true god of the sea, 
so they cheer and obey all my commands. 

When red stars shimmer in the boundless sky 
the silver owl-faced demon of the moon 
smiles down at me on flat-top pyramid 
as I choose fertile woman in the crowd 
to receive spark of blessing from my heart 
so she creates new body for my soul. 

Feeding pregnant bride with fruit of my heart, 
which my worshippers cull from blooming trees, 
I protect her body from storming rain, 
till her husband leaps up pyramid stairs 
and thrusts sharp spear into her swollen womb 
to destroy incarnation of my soul. 

Filled with demonic rage at shock of death, 
I howl at absence of her vibrant soul, 
then fight the fool who killed my charming queen 
because she chose to love me over him, 
till I crush his skull with scepter of truth 
and throw him to cruel wolves of my despair. 

Cradling queen I cherish more than myself 
on flat-top pyramid by the sad sea, 
I cry out lamentation of my heart 
at terrible loss of woman I love 
whose charming spirit vanished from this world, 
which leaves me lost under empty blue sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment