Sunday, August 6, 2023

Airplane In Blue Skies

Airplane In Blue Skies
© Surazeus
2023 08 06

Through revelation of the laughing skull 
I understand why people want to love 
strangers they meet among the apple trees 
who sit together in the feasting hall 
to celebrate escape from the dream cave 
when Icarus flies airplane in blue skies. 

Through my reputation as the wise fool 
who confounds people with riddles of truth 
I teach happy children how to build boats 
so they can help Zeus hunt the great white whale 
whose power symbolizes the star wraith 
swirling in the void as world-changing fates. 

Through stage drama we present to the school 
which contrasts contrary philosophies 
I play Lucretius wearing mask of faith 
who designs wisdom of the Golden Rule 
children employ to open doors with keys 
forged from dream eyes of the messiah sleuth. 

Through baleful sermon about holy fire 
my wolf voice thunders in shell of the church 
I channel Pilgrim Preacher in my soul 
while directing refugees in world choir 
sing hymns to god of science-based research 
when we dance around the circus maypole. 

Through tense chess game on cosmic ocean beach 
in futile contest against hungry Death 
to save last remnant of humanity 
with Apple of Wisdom just out of reach, 
I nullify despair with each deep breath 
that proves indifference of reality. 

Through rays of sunlight beaming on your skin 
I kiss your shadow glowing on the wall 
since dawn breaks hearts of lovers who expect 
weird revelation on how to begin 
married life together by the Dream Well 
where ghosts of our ancestors seek respect. 

Through soul rebirth of our immortal genes 
we wear enigmatic masks of our names 
to conceal dolorous passion of love 
we share with atoms beaming from our bones 
for unknown dramas we play in our homes 
as character tropes saved on the hard drive. 

Through aggressive attack of the blind god 
who swims across the misty loch at dusk 
I steal jeweled crown from mad raving king 
who anoints me to lead his justice squad, 
so I play God by wearing his glass mask 
when I assemble seers of Sturm und Drang. 


No comments:

Post a Comment