Friday, February 15, 2019

Tear Down Walls Of Fearful Hate

Tear Down Walls Of Fearful Hate
© Surazeus
2019 02 15

Each time I write one poem I dream awake
strange experience of one long-dead ancestor
who struggled nameless through waste land of fear
to map our landscape of hopeful desire
and survived death to become lesson learned
which I encode in archetypal tale
about bold courage of the human spirit
to transcend our mindless animal nature
and evolve through stages of psychic growth
to become idea of God we aspire to.

Walking in ancient gallery of souls
where characters of the many-faced god
wait dreamless on vast shelf of history,
enclosed in books that tell their deeds and songs,
I take one face of my ancestors down
and wear it to dream again how they lived
while navigating matrix of desire
to consume food and avoid being consumed
as they sought their mirror image to mate
and reincarnate to generate me.

We navigate our way through maze of hope
by wearing faces our ancestors made
to see how they survived hostile attacks
long enough to regenerate their body
in children who continue down the road
of exploration to evolve each life
from fish to mouse to ape to man to god
in constant transformation of fierce atoms
who seek to become divine consciousness
as we wake at this hour of startled love.

Combining millions of ancestors, I
contain multitudes of aggressive souls
who all contend inside my tangled mind
to become one person I name myself
when I walk alone on wild ocean shore
to contemplate mystery of how I am
me alone of all the people who lived
till I contain solitude of my truth
to identify who I want to be
then name myself to define who I am.

Once I combine their energies of hope
in one coherent program of desire,
after cautious analysis of lust
to replicate in children of my faith,
I proceed to explore beyond stone walls
of paradise to find rich Tree of Life
dropping apples free in my open hands,
then gaze at my face in pool of my soul
till I hear voice of one I want to love
echo my passion to walk by your side.

When my ancestors huddled terrified
in dark cave of faith, to avoid cruel monsters,
they constructed walls of stone from dark Earth
to protect themselves in lost paradise,
but now I explore beyond ruined walls
of world-view paradigm their fear designed
because bold heroes of ancient myths fought
and destroyed all those monsters of despair,
clearing landscape of hope for us to live
safe outside those dividing walls of hate.

We cannot tear down all the walls of hope
that protect us from attacks of exploiters
yet imprison us in weakness of fear,
so we must unite for democracy
to fight against tyrants blinded by greed
who exploit work of people for their profit
and free the hungry people of the world
to work together for their own success
so we thrive in harmony of desire,
sharing this planet that gives us all life.

Yet we must tear down walls of fearful hate
that tyrants build to imprison our bodies
when they enforce rules to control our minds,
in constant vigilance against their games
to trap us in cycles of destructive wars,
and fool us to relinquish liberty
for false security of paradise,
so wake up from your mute complacency
and rebel against tyranny of fear
to fight for liberty of honest truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment