Sunday, February 10, 2019

Millions Of Starving People

Millions Of Starving People
© Surazeus
2019 02 10

The words of people talking at the party
float around me like butterflies on wings
of soft whispers poignant for how leaves turn
in breezes blowing from the sunlit river
so I have no idea what their words
reveal about about millions of starving people.

The eyes of statues in our public parks
always watch me play my role on life stage
through surveillance cameras that can record
secret obsessions I hide in plain sight
each time I tell every stranger I meet
the riddle of the man who flew to Heaven.

The strange man who wants to marry our sister
comes back from the dark woods without our father
and tells us he stepped into beam of light
and rose up on angel wings to the sky
where he walks with Jesus in paradise
and we believe till we find his dead body.

We find our father broken on the rocks
so we run home to reveal his misdeed
but he marries our sister in the church
so I stab him as he kisses her mouth
and they chase me into the wilderness
where I walk alone on the wild sea shore.

I stand in beam of light where wild waves roar
but no pure God elevates me to Heaven
so I weep in despair as fierce winds blow
then laugh with freedom from fear of hell fire
since I am no longer constrained by rules
of social hierarchy that enslave me.

I fight no revolution against tyrants
with guns blazing hot in dark city streets
but wield words as weapons that destroy lies
which declare one class of people may rule
everyone else for their sole benefit
while we struggle to find good food to eat.

They hoard the coins of commerce in stone banks
and feast on pork and wine in crystal hall
while millions of people in tenements
fight each other over stale chunks of bread
while working all day in large factories
building guns and bullets for more world wars.

Someday soon they will build statues of me
to celebrate my victory in world war
when I fight the tyrant in tower of steel
and throw him off diamond ramparts of Heaven
but I fall to Earth and wake in this body
so now I must figure out my true name.

No comments:

Post a Comment