Friday, February 1, 2019

Quest For You

Quest For You
© Surazeus
2019 02 01

I sail fragile boat on vast sparkling sea
that glides from force of wind billowing sails
on life-long mission to explore the world
and walk the shore of every ancient land.

I shroud my boat on beach of sun-bright sand
and walk along the narrow winding stream
to follow its flow to high mountain cave
where its spring fountains from heart of the world.

Ten thousand ancestors on eager feet
followed rivers over ten million years
so all their journeys merge in my one search
as I repeat strict ritual of their quest.

I feel them all awake inside my mind,
gazing with ancient eyes at this new world
so I feel timeless shimmer of desire
to savor beauty of landscape I love.

Amazed at vision of this teeming world,
I stand forever on sun-glowing stone
and gaze at stillness of our turning sphere
which spirals endlessly through empty void.

Could we but share this feeling of delight
in glances of our loving eyes to see
transcendent glow of everlasting truth
which gleams from pulsing atoms of our souls.

I sense your spirit still alive somewhere
now moving through strange shadows of lost faith
so I spread arms to soar among bright clouds
but fail to rise from Earth to find your face.

Each time I think I hear your voice call me
I turn to see no ghost among my trees
so I return to beach of ceaseless waves
to sail my fragile boat on quest for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment