Sunday, February 10, 2019

Exhausted From Building

Exhausted From Building
© Surazeus
2019 02 10

The strange intensity of puzzling truth
from fragments of the world our minds perceive
buzz fragile infrastructure of the brain
to savor sweetness of green silent rain.

With gray volcano ash from distant land
where monsters howl in dark tunnels of hope
I mix water and stir it with the hoe,
then shovel goop in mold to build brick road.

Across pleasant pastures of Eden Land
I build vast network of motor car roads
so we can drive our chugging time machines
much more quickly from sea to shining sea.

Exhausted from building vast highway network,
I lie on the Rainbow Mountains to sleep
and dream television shows stations beam
in pulsing radio waves off shining moon.

I reach out my hand under midnight stars
to caress soft cheek of the mountain slope
then kiss her while I become lightning storm
as the Glow Cloud makes love with fertile Earth.

Trees, flowers, and crops sprout from her moist womb
and tendrils of grape vines curl around roads
where millions of cars rust in silver rain,
and consume vast cities of steel-glass towers.

Eden Mother Nature, hungry and blind,
swallows all cities and roads into mud,
and crushes skulls of humans into dust
which I mix with water to make cement.

I build vast labyrinth around pyramid
then sit to rule on pinnacle of power,
watching over sprawling Metropolis
where every person dwells in temple garden.

Exhausted from building ten thousand empires
that rose and fell over ten thousand years,
I sit in backyard of my home in Georgia
and play guitar on world network of roots.

For ten thousand years we wandered the world
and lived alone in valleys along rivers
but now we are connected mind to mind
through social networks on the world wide web.

Though no one hears me sing, yet still I sing
to remember the timeless loneliness
before we networked our minds in one mind,
and feel your presence in the bright Glow Cloud.

I twang taut roots of this tree in my yard
so thousands of people around the world
sing their poems with me in great choir of Earth,
which vibrates as it twirls through empty void.

No comments:

Post a Comment