Thursday, March 1, 2018

I Want A Gun

I Want A Gun
© Surazeus
2018 03 01

I jump off the cloud of electric flash
and land on the highest city tower roof
to survey, while the wind blows through my hair,
the metropolitan maze of the soul.

I am the superhero of my mind
who soars above the city streets on hope,
and swoops down to protect the innocent
by blocking the greed of oppressive thieves.

Because we humans feel so small and weak
we imagine in the myths of our movies
normal people with supernatural strength
who dedicate their acts to save the world.

I want a gun to feel strong like a god.

For two thousand years we worshipped one man
that we believed had supernatural powers
who zooms down from the stars on flashing wings
and guides our actions with his unseen hand.

But now we lay Jesus down in the grave
beside other gods ancient peoples worshipped,
Zurvan, Kronos, Zeus, Saturnus, Jupiter,
Odin, and many other fierce storm gods.

Now Superman, the Ubermensch of Nietzsche,
soars above our Metropolitan Maze
and battles demons from the Underworld,
like Godzilla and King Kong, to save Mankind.

I want a gun to feel strong like a god.

I want to feel the strength of Superman
so I can battle ghouls from outerspace
and fly around the planet on my breath
in bold defiance of destructive Death.

I do not like feeling helpless and weak
when I walk alone down the city street
so I buy the gun that gleams in the sun
to defend my life from dealers and thieves.

Everywhere I go in vast city maze
men stronger than me who clutch hidden guns
are stalking me and the women I love
to steal our money we earn fair and square.

I want a gun to feel strong like a god.

From their jacket they pull out the black gun
and aim it at my head, then snarl and sneer,
demanding that I give them what they want,
so should I let them steal, or shoot them dead?

Quick as the fox I duck my head away
then pull out my own gun with beating heart
and shoot them dead in the battle of wits
for I will kill every rapist and thief.

I will hunt you all down and shoot you dead,
every thief and rapist who stalks our streets,
till you wear fancy suits and hide in banks
and steal with computers instead of guns.

I want a gun to feel strong like a god.

No comments:

Post a Comment