Thursday, March 29, 2018

Bicycle Wheel In Texas

Bicycle Wheel In Texas
© Surazeus
2018 03 29

Sparkle of the bicycle tire that spins
like the eager sun on the road of time
reminds me of the sunlight in her eyes
when Brenda smiles across the chain-link fence.

I hold out the apple in my right hand,
so she steps forward to accept my gift,
and bites into its moon-white juicy rind
as she peers up at me through wind-blown hair.

I lean forward to kiss her cheek when crow
caws from the oak tree, so she turns and runs,
skipping through yellow flowers of the sun
that weave their petals into her long skirt.

Fearing the yellow snake, I saw glide fast
into cold shadow of surprise, will strike
to bite her ankle, I chase her sweet voice
and cry alarmed for her to watch her step.

Brenda vanishes into waves of grass
and I pause to listen to the wind sing
about raindrops that fall as bitter tears
to flow as rivers down the mountain slope.

I sit alone all night in apple tree,
singing wordless anguish of my torn heart
to indifferent stars that twinkle unchanged,
ignoring me till I fall into light.

With swirling flock of butterflies she comes
skipping along the river to my tree
where she stops and waves to me with a smile,
so I leap from the sky and kiss her mouth.

"I feared the yellow snake would bite your foot
and I would never see your eyes again,
so my heart blows like wind with aching joy
to see you still alive outside my dreams."

Giggling behind her hand, Brenda accepts
apple from my hand, then sits on the stone
of laughter by the river and devours
anguish of my heart, then licks her lips clean.

Skipping home along the sun-dusty trail,
Brenda disappears into swirling cloud
and smiles at me from the infinite sky
while I think about the light in her eye.

I see her face in the white shining moon,
as if she watches me in apple tree,
and bend twigs into Runes I bind with vines
that connect my heart to her sunlit eye.

Finding the perfect apple, red as fire,
I drop from the tree to follow my road,
and the yellow snake of love bites my leg,
so I lie on my back and dream of why.

Gazing down at me from white glowing cloud,
Brenda speaks words of wind from the lost sun
that spins like my bicycle wheel in Texas
flashing light in her eye big as the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment