Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Our Illusion Of Romance

Our Illusion Of Romance
© Surazeus
2018 02 28

You are the flower I want to kiss at night
for I am the bee floating toward your light.
You are the ocean bed I want to fill
for I am the stream flowing from your hill.

The orange on the table, full of sweet juice,
shines like the sun rising over the sea.
The mist of the valley, like white dress lace,
reveals the beauty of your long thin face.

The ivy that grows in long curling strands
coils like your hair around your nervous hands.
We walk together under apple trees,
watching horses trotting in the cool breeze.

You are the fountain I protect with walls
as we lounge kissing by the waterfall.
I scratch our names together in the dust
that eats our bodies after fires of lust.

I know we both will die when we grow old
but now we hug to keep warm in the cold.
We savor the pleasures of life today
for tomorrow we will fall in the grave.

I know the way through the labyrinth of dreams
that leads to heaven along sparkling streams.
We cuddle together in the oak tree
and watch the white moon rise over the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment