Monday, March 19, 2018

Mind Writhing In Stone

Mind Writhing In Stone
© Surazeus
2018 03 19

The mind writhes in the superstitious stone,
teaching me how to see outside my head
the secrets of death written on quartz teeth
in alphabets invented by blind fools.

Removed from the water of flashing light,
I name the wind that fills my heart with truth,
wondering what I shall tell children of love
cracked from the glass mountain of contrived words.

At hard shadows two pairs of matching eyes
express the void that ripples with clear water
to arouse the mind writhing in the stone
from memory of atoms forged by the sun.

Oblique shadows of words I never speak
drown shapes of flashing atoms with real light
making visible the painting of faces
to reveal the subject I am not void.

We walk with everyone in the wide realm
of continuous creation to touch
seeping darkness that fills my soul alone
full of water that never speaks my thoughts.

I would eat grits but cracked enamel bowl
white as the moon that knows my secret fear
casts shadows hard as stone across my eyes
to split darkness from the indifferent sun.

Flat on my back in the boat of the moon,
I float over the abyss of my heart,
sinking in clear vacancy of my eyes
flooded with dreams only seen by moonlight.

I master the flashing thoughts of my brain
by breathing wordless wind from restless seas
to blow sorrow through the flute carved from bone
I retrieved from the dust of my dead mother.

When white lilacs last in the dooryard bled
starlight from the eyes of angels who trudge
wingless to work all day in factories
I mourned the drinking of money like blood.

Ever-returning spring breaks through my heart,
spiraling vines of moody power to bind
flashing atoms within limits of math
to surf murky waves of horror with Death.

In the silent swamp of my aching heart
the shy bird warbles spells of lost desire
to show me the way through cities of hunger
when I carry the corpse of Fallen God.

Following the orb that sails in blank heaven,
I walk in silence the transparent night,
and linger in the lustrous light of nothing
to remember friends whose names I forgot.

I hang their pictures on my chamber walls
when sea wind blows petals of lilacs slow
in swirls of memories that blank my mind
writhing in the stone that cracks mirror eyes.

The bird in the swamp this time will not sing
for the dead king dumped in swallowing mud
of relentless time that transforms our bodies
to slime of the sea from which we evolved.

The mind writhes in the stone with thirty eyes
crystallized through flow of dark energy
surging from soil of the Earth to my bones
which expand to enclose millions of stars.

I see all this when I gaze at the quartz
shimmering rainbow colors from every atom
that fluctuates between our body flames
to solidify pulsing chemicals.

Back from the Underworld of broken souls,
who wander wordless in the nameless city,
I parade through town, wearing the mask
I carved from ice, to reveal nothing false.

Now that you see the real me in fake words,
scattering light to glow blue through my eyes,
you will write dreams based on the formula
learned from the mind writhing in the stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment