Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I Invent My Faith

I Invent My Faith
© Surazeus
2018 03 13

So I walk with you on the lonely road
not wearing the mask of deceptive truth
because the cell phone tower likes to brood
whose dead god refuses to swear the oath.

Now we play chess games at a faster rate
to find out where the dead angels abide
before I escape on the leaking boat
and wait for the terrible pain to fade.

I stand in the circle with six-point star,
reading spells from the book of fairy tales,
though she hides from me in the tower door
when I paint tragic scenes on castle walls.

While the white owl in the dead apple tree
watches me play slow games of chess with Death
I feel my soul expand into the sky
so when I return I invent my Faith.

For two thousand years spinning in the void
I was sure Jesus would return to rule,
but I concluded after I had prayed
that I am now Jesus, the King of Fools.

I was the prophet who designed the rules
like leather reins meant to manage the horse
so we play our role on the stage of tales,
the noble hero in this tragic farce.

Since I am the last son of Melusine
I see visions in flowing river glass
that reflects events guided by the moon
concealed by the indifferent tufts of moss.

I follow strange music into bright mist
to find her dancing on the river shore
where her kiss transforms me from the wild beast
so we rule the world from library lair.

No comments:

Post a Comment